2. What is a cookie?
2.1 A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, placed on a computer or mobile device (“Device”) that uniquely identifies your browser or Device when you visit a website. Cookies collect information to help identify you, your Device, your use of the website and/or your general internet usage.
3.2 They also help us to continually improve the security of the Website by recognising your Device and to enable you to easily interact with us without having to sign in again.
4. What cookies do we use and how do we use them?
4.1 There are four types of cookies that may be placed on your Device when visiting the Website.
4.2 The types of cookies we use and the purpose for which we use them are as follows:
- “Strictly Necessary Cookies” are cookies that make the Website work efficiently for you and enable you to make use of the secure online services that we provide.
- “Analytical/Performance Cookies” are cookies that collect information about your use of the Website which is then anonymised and used to help us improve our online services.
- “Functional Cookies” are cookies that remember your activity on the Website, record your preferences and allow us to customise your experience or any interaction with us. They also enable us to provide enhanced features or content for you and improve your Website experience.
5. First and third-party cookies
5.1 First party cookies are those cookies that originate from (or are sent to) the Website that you are currently viewing. These types of cookies will usually contain information about your preferences for the Website.
5.2 Third-party cookies originate from (or are sent to) a website that is not the website you are visiting. For example, if the Website uses third-party advertising those third-party advertising websites may use a cookie to track your browsing habits for marketing purposes. We have no control over these cookies.
6. How long will cookies stay on my device?
6.1 Some cookies, called “session” cookies are retained on your Device for only as long as you visit the Website, while others called “persistent” cookies remain for a longer specified or unspecified period, usually until they are deleted. We have set out in section 7 the expiry periods of the cookies that we use on the Website.
7. Cookies that we use on the Website
The cookies we use and the reasons we use them are set out in the table below.
|_fbp||Marketing||3 months||This cookie is installed by Facebook. The cookie is used to identify browsers for the purposes of providing advertising and site analytics services.|
|_ga||Analytics||2 years||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage.|
|_gcl_au||Marketing||3 months||This cookie is installed by Google Adsense. The cookie is used for experimenting with advertisement efficiency across websites using their services.|
8. Restricting or blocking cookies
8.1 You can restrict or block cookies which are set during your use of the Website by changing your browser’s settings.
8.2 Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the Website and some pages may not work if you completely disable cookies, but many third-party cookies can be safely blocked.
8.3 Check information in your browser’s help section for specific instructions on how to manage cookies. Alternatively, websites such as “All About Cookies” provide comprehensive guidance on managing cookies.